All You Need is Love
God is love! But, just for the record, love is not God. Join us for a groovy sermon series and worship experiences where we will discover the greatness of God’s love and how knowing Jesus can satisfy our deepest longings and desires. Also, prepare yourself to learn how you can love others with new commitment and joy…including God, your neighbors, Christians, and even your enemies! If you want to receive and give more love that you ever have before, this series will rock your world! Join us and invite a friend along.
Services times are: Sunday Morning – 8:30, 10 and 11:30 a.m. AND Monday Night – 6:30 p.m.
(Sign Language interpretation at 11:30 a.m. service)
We are going to Mount Hermon for summer camp!! it is a one-week camp experience full of laughter, play, community and worship as students experience life to the fullest. In one week at Ponderosa students can skate, surf, play laser tag or paintball, make new friends, swim, kayak, ride mountain bikes or mountain scooters and experience our zip line or leap of faith. Most importantly, in one week at Ponderosa students will encounter the God who knows them, who loves them and who wants to change their lives for eternity. The dates are June 29 – July 5 and the total cost is $549. Register by clicking the boy or girl link below, you can also email Danny Killough at email@example.com if you have any questions. the completion for the form and $250 deposit will secure your student’s spot.
CHECK OUT MOUNT HERMON’S PROMO VIDEO!
Reading Plan for next week’s message
“The Voice of Truth”
View this week’s Sermon Notes
Memorize/Reflect: “The angel said to the women, “Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.” (Matthew 28:5-6)
Prayer Direction: Thank Jesus for giving His life willingly and humbly so that you could be cleansed and saved. Pray for a sense of His resurrected presence in each moment of each day.
“Live It!” Challenge – Share a Meal with Jesus: This week, make a point of inviting Jesus to share each meal with you. Seek to have an awareness that Jesus is with you at all times and wants to share meals (and everything else) with you.
Growth Group Discussion:
- Tell about your first memory of taking communion. What did it mean to you. What does it mean to you today, when you break the bread and drink the cup and remember Jesus?
- Read: Matthew 26:26-30. Table #1- The table of the Lord and our communion with Him. Jesus calls us to remember Him when we come to the communion table. What are some of the things we should remember about Jesus in these various areas:
• Remembering His life…
• Remembering His suffering and death…
• Remembering His resurrection…
• Remembering His presence and work in your life (His faithfulness)…
- Read: Luke 23:38-43. Table #2- In the Bible heaven is sometimes compared to a great banquet or a wedding banquet. Why is the picture of a banquet one fitting image of heaven?
- What other pictures and images come to your mind when you think of being with Jesus in paradise?
- Read: John 21:12-19. Table #3- Jesus prepared a meal for his disciples. The resurrected Christ made breakfast for his friends. While sharing this meal, Jesus restored Peter (who had denied Him three times) and spoke words of healing. Then, Jesus called Peter to serve Him and follow Him again! If you could sit and have a meal with Jesus, what questions might you ask Him?
- What are ways you can seek to experience the presence of Jesus with you in the normal flow of your day? What helps you stay tuned into the reality that Jesus is with you?
B.A.S.I.C. Elements, a science-inspired, Christ-focused VBS for kids 3yrs to 5th grade is headed to Shoreline the week of June 23rd. ‘Goggle-up’ and get ready for a week of Bible, beakers, bridges and bags of science-y stuff. AND, from now until April 31st, registration is 2 for the price of 1: $49.00
For more information, or to volunteer to be part of B.A.S.I.C. Elements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come join us for our beach bonfire Thursday, April 17, 2014
From: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
We will provide the food and activities. You bring towels, blankets, jackets, a smile, and a friend (whatever else you may need for a good night at the beach).
***Take Casa Verde St. off Del Monte Blvd. towards the beach which will turn into Tide St. (on the beach), we will be a waiting your arrival at the far end, near the porta-potties.