After the Final Rose… Keys to a Healthy Marriage
When the final rose is given, the vows are exchanged, the ring is on your finger, and the honeymoon ends…the fun really begins!
Marriage is a gift and one of God’s greatest inventions! Building a strong marriage relationship will challenge and stretch you more than almost anything else in this life! Kevin and Sherry Harney have been navigating the joys and struggles of marriage for over three decades and have discovered some keys they believe will help every couple move toward greater health, peace, joy, and faithfulness in their marriage. Join Kevin and Sherry on Saturday, September 6th, 1-5p as they dig into some topics that will help you build a healthy and thriving marriage relationship.
• Growing your communication network,
• Remembering to rekindle romance,
• Committed to fun, play, and laughter,
• Keeping God in the center of your hearts and home,
• Fighting fair…agreeing on rules of engagement,
• Boundaries that protect your marriage,
• Understanding and appreciating your differences,
• And more!
Childcare available $5/child (pre-registration required)
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Living Proof Live Simulcast with Beth Moore
Bible teacher Beth Moore brings a fresh Word from God to each Living Proof Live event – no two are the same. As she explores the Bible and how it applies to real life, you will be encouraged by her own experiences as a believer, and you will be inspired to magnify and strengthen your own relationship with God. Cost is $25.00. Lunch included.
Saturday, September 13, 9am – 4pm.
Shoreline Community Church
2500 Garden Road, Monterey
Join us for Children of the Day, by Beth Moore. During this 9-week in depth study of 1 and 2 Thessalonians, you’ll learn how to let go of past mistakes and discover your circumstances are not coincidental – God’s timing is impeccable! The cost is $25.00. For more information, visit the Women’s Ministry tent on Sundays or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday evenings: Sept. 16 – Nov. 11 | 6:30 – 8:30pm
Women’s Tuesday PM Register Now!
Shoreline Community Church, Room 1108
Wednesday mornings: Sept. 17 – Nov. 12 | 9:00 – 11:00am (childcare available)
Women’s Wednesday AM Register Now!
Shoreline Community Church, Room 1108
Reading Plan for next week’s message
Sunday - Matthew 7 (Focus on 24-27)
Monday – Acts 27 (Focus on 21-26)
Tuesday – Acts 28 (Focus on 1-6)
Wednesday – 2 Corinthians 5 (Focus on 15-21)
Thursday – Psalm 119:9-48 (Focus on 11)
Friday – Proverbs 3 (Focus on 5-8)
Saturday – Galations 5 (Focus on 19-22)
How can I relate to a God who sets sexual boundaries and guidelines that just don’t fit in today’s world?
“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)
Prayer Direction: Thank God for the wonder and beauty of His creation, including both men and women, made in His image! Pray for a clear and biblical understanding of sexuality that honors God. Ask God for strength and self-control so that you might express your sexuality in a way that honors Him and brings you the greatest joy.
“Live It!” Challenge – Guarding My Eyes:
Over the next month, pay close attention to everything you let enter your heart and mind…through your eyes. What do you watch on TV? What kind of movies do you watch? What do you view online? Where do your eyes wander as you walk through a normal day? When you find yourself viewing things that don’t lead to purity and that do not honor God, guard your eyes, cut off the source, and stop viewing these things.
Growth Group Discussion:
- What are some of the attitudes toward sexuality that are changing rapidly in our culture and society? What messages about sexuality are being reinforced by the media?
- Read: Genesis 1:27-28 and 31. God invented sexuality (male and female) as well as sexual intimacy (becoming one flesh). How does God view sexuality? How should we view God’s plan of making men and women and what are ways we can affirm and celebrate God’s gift of sexuality in the church and in Christian homes
- Read: Proverbs 5:15-23. In this passage, the image of fresh water is used to paint a picture of sexuality. Remember, these words were written I a place that was very dry and arid. What warnings are given in Proverbs 5 about our sexuality? Why are these warning important?
- What affirmations are given about sexuality in Proverbs 5 and why are they important for us to hear today?
- Read: 1 Corinthians 6:12-17. In this passage, the Apostle Paul quotes a saying that was popular in Corinth in the first century… “I have the right to do anything.” He is not affirming this quote, but challenging it. How do you see our culture echoing this same quote when it comes to sexuality today, “I have the right to do anything?”
- In this passage, we are taught that our body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord. How can repetitive sexual sin damage our relationship with Jesus? How can our sexual choices change when we see our body as belonging to the Lord?
- Read: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20. What are specific and practical ways we can “Flee from sexual immorality?”
- What are specific and practical ways we can seek to “honor God with our bodies?”
A Night With Dr. Darryl
On Wednesday, August 6th, 6:30-8p Dr. Darryl will join us for a time of teaching and answering questions about the Bible. There will be a BBQ dinner available for purchase and childcare will be provided for infants – 5th grade. We hope to see you and your family there for this fun learning opportunity.
BBQ dinner available for purchase beginning at 5:30p
$4=1 Meal $7=2 Meals $15=5+ Meals